The Georgetown Public Library hosts monthly art exhibits that are accessible all the hours that the library is open. Exhibits feature work by local individual artists and by local arts groups.
The library welcomes proposals for future exhibits during each year’s open call; details are below under “Exhibiting Your Work in the Library.”
Each year from 2014-2017 the library received the Silver award for “Best Place to View Art” in the Best of Georgetown Awards, and in 2018 we were proud to receive the Gold award for that category.
The library also displays works of art that have been purchased by the City of Georgetown, and is a City Sculpture Tour location.
Below is a calendar of current and upcoming exhibits. You can click on each exhibit title for an image and additional information.
Exhibiting Your Work in the Library
The library highly values artists and their work. During each year’s open call, artists and organizations are invited to submit proposals for the next year’s exhibits. Proposals will be accepted March 1-May 15, 2019 for exhibits in 2020.
If you plan to submit a proposal, please look over these documents:
- Guidelines for Artists Exhibiting in the Georgetown Public Library 2019 (the guidelines for accepted exhibits)
- Policy for Art Exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library
And then when the call is open, you will be able to submit a proposal in one of two ways: online or by mail.
- Online (preferred): From March 1-May 15, 2019, you will be able to submit a proposal and easily upload your images on the web using Submittable. You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit your proposal online. You can read more about Submittable here.
- Printed: Download and print the form and mail or hand-deliver it with printed images attached. It must be received in the library by May 15. Original artwork will not be accepted.
Proposals for art exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library require the same information whether they are submitted online or on paper:
- Proposed exhibit title
- Description of proposed exhibit concept
- Exhibit locations you would consider (second floor Bridge and Hall, or first floor walls near the Red Poppy Coffee Co., including the wall near the public use computers)
- Up to six images of your work
- The URL to your website (optional)
- A description of your artwork in general
- A little about your art background, with the option to upload or attach a resume
- Your availability to install and remove an exhibit in 2020
Calendar Year 2020*
Call for Entries March 1-May 15, 2019
Applicants Notified June 1, 2019
*Proposals that are not selected may be considered in the case of cancellations.
Calendar Year 2019*
Call for Entries March 1-May 15, 2018
Applicants Notified June 1, 2018
Feel free to contact Dana Hendrix, Fine Arts Librarian, at email@example.com or 512-930-3624 with questions.