The Georgetown Public Library hosts monthly art exhibits that are accessible all the hours that the library is open. Exhibits feature work by local individual artists and by local arts groups.
The library welcomes proposals for future exhibits during each year’s open call; details are below under “Exhibiting Your Work in the Library.”
Each year from 2014-2017 the library received the Silver award for “Best Place to View Art” in the Best of Georgetown Awards, and in 2018 we were proud to receive the Gold award for that category.
The library also displays works of art that have been purchased by the City of Georgetown, and is a City Sculpture Tour location.
Below is a calendar of current and upcoming exhibits. You can click on each exhibit title to see an image and find additional information about the exhibit.
Exhibiting Your Work in the Library
The library highly values artists and their work. During each year’s open call, artists and organizations are invited to submit proposals for the next year’s exhibits. Proposals will be accepted March 1-May 15, 2019 for exhibits in 2020.
If you plan to submit a proposal, please look over these documents:
- Guidelines for Artists Exhibiting in the Georgetown Public Library 2019 (the guidelines for accepted exhibits)
- Policy for Art Exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library
And then when the call is open, you will be able to submit a proposal in one of two ways: online or by mail.
- Online (strongly preferred): From March 1-May 15, 2019, you will be able to submit a proposal and easily upload your images on the web using Submittable. You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit your proposal online. You can read more about Submittable here, or click the black button below to go to Submittable.
- Mailed or Hand-delivered (alternative option): Beginning March 1, you will be able to download and print a proposal form from this page, and then mail or hand-deliver it with up to six printed images attached. Your printed proposal form and printed images must be received in the library by May 15. Proposals cannot be submitted by email, and original artwork will not be accepted. Download the proposal form here to mail or hand-deliver: Proposal for 2020 Art Exhibit at Georgetown Public Library
Proposals for art exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library require the same information whether they are submitted online or on paper:
- Proposed exhibit title
- Description of proposed exhibit concept
- Exhibit locations you would prefer (second floor Bridge Gallery, second floor Hall Gallery, or first floor Cafe Gallery, including the wall near the public use computers and two walls by the Red Poppy Coffee Co. counter)
- Up to six images of your work
- The URL to your website (optional)
- A description of your artwork in general
- A little about your art background, with the option to upload or attach a resume
- Your availability to install and remove an exhibit in 2020
Calendar Year 2020*
Call for Entries March 1-May 15, 2019
Applicants Notified June 1, 2019
*Proposals that are not selected may be considered in the case of cancellations.
Calendar Year 2021*
Call for Entries March 1-May 15, 2020
Applicants Notified June 1, 2020
Please contact Dana Hendrix, Fine Arts Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-930-3624 with any questions.