The library building is currently closed to the public, but staff are offering curbside pickup of previously reserved items Monday-Friday 10-noon and 2-6, and Saturday 10-noon and 2-5.
Please call the library at 512.930.3551 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Georgetown Public Library hosts monthly art exhibits that are accessible all the hours that the library is open. Exhibits feature work by local individual artists and by local arts groups.
The library welcomes proposals for future exhibits during each year’s open call from March 1-May 15; details are below under “Exhibiting Your Work in the Library.”
In 2018, 2019, and 2020 we have been proud to receive the Gold award for “Best Place to View Art” in the Best of Georgetown Awards. Each year from 2014-2017 the library received the Silver award in that category.
The library also displays works of art that have been purchased by the City of Georgetown, and is a City Sculpture Tour location.
Below is a calendar of current and upcoming exhibits. You can click on each exhibit title to see an image and find additional information about the exhibit.
Exhibiting Your Work in the Library
The library highly values artists and their work. During each years open call, artists and organizations are invited to submit proposals for the next year’s exhibits.
Proposals for exhibits in 2022 will be accepted March 1-May 15, 2021. All applicants will be notified by June 1, 2021.
If you are considering submitting a proposal for an exhibit in 2022, please look over these documents:
- Guidelines for Artists Exhibiting in the Georgetown Public Library 2020
- Policy for Art Exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library
And then when the call is open, you will be able to submit a proposal in one of two ways: online or by mail/hand delivery.
- Online (strongly preferred). From March 1-May 15, 2021, from this page you will be able to submit a proposal and easily upload your images on the web using Submittable. You can create a free Submittable account in order to submit your proposal online. Read more about Submittable here.
- Mailed or Hand-delivered (for those who cannot do electronic submissions). From this page, you will be able to print a proposal form, and then mail or hand-deliver it with up to six printed images attached. Your printed proposal form and printed images must be received in the library between March 1 and May 15, whether mailed or hand-delivered.
- Emailed forms or images are not accepted. If you are able to submit your proposal electronically (the preferred method), please do so through Submittable.
Proposals for art exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library require the same information whether they are submitted online or on paper:
- Proposed exhibit title
- Description of proposed exhibit concept
- Exhibit locations you would prefer (second floor Bridge Gallery, second floor Hall Gallery, or first floor Cafe Gallery, which includes the wall near the public use computers and two walls by the Red Poppy Coffee Co. counter)
- Up to six images of your work
- The URL to your website (optional)
- A description of your artwork in general
- A little about your art background, with the option to upload or attach a resume
- Your availability to install and remove an exhibit in any given month of the year
Proposals that are not selected may be considered in the case of future cancellations.
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting your work at Georgetown Public Library!
Please contact Dana Hendrix, Adult Services Librarian, at email@example.com or 512-930-3624 with any questions.