Regular storytimes take place September through July (no storytimes during the month of August). Wednesdays and Thursdays Tales for Tots at 9:30 (ages 18 months to 3 years old) and Preschool Storytime at 10:30 a.m.(ages 3 to 5 years old). There is Family Fun Storytime on Fridays at 10:30 for all ages. Tuesdays at 9:30 there is Baby Bounce, a lapsit storytime session for children between 0 and 18 months. These programs provide young children with the opportunity to learn social skills in a group situation, to broaden their worlds, and to be introduced to books and the library. Double check the library calendar for up to date information.
During the summer there are special programs for preschool-age children. See the summer reading program calendars for these events.
Storytime programs depend on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Our main goal is for everyone to have a good time at the library. To make this experience an enjoyable one for your child, we ask for your cooperation and assistance in the following ways:
- Discuss with your child what to expect at storytime
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Allow the children to focus on the program. Please take children who become restless outside the storytime area.
- Set a good example. Please remain attentive during presentation of the story.
- Encourage children to observe library manners.