Regular storytimes take place September through mid May, on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 (for ages 18 months to 3 years old) and 10:30 a.m.(for ages 3 to 5 years old). There is a storytime on Fridays at 10:30 for ages 0-5 years old. Tuesdays at 9:30 there is a lapsit storytime session for children 0-18 months. These programs provide young children with the opportunity to learn social skills in a group situation, to broaden their worlds, and to be introduced to books and the library.
During the summer (June and July) there are special programs for preschool-age children. See the summer reading program calendars for these events and storytimes. There is no storytime during the month of August.
Storytime programs depend on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Our main goal is for everyone to have a good time at the library. To make this experience an enjoyable one for your child, we ask for your cooperation and assistance in the following ways:
- Discuss with your child what to expect at storytime
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Allow the children to focus on the program. Please take children who become restless outside the storytime area.
- Set a good example. Please remain attentive during presentation of the story.
- Encourage children to observe library manners.