Regular storytimes take place September through July (no storytimes during the month of August) on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 (for toddlers) and 10:30 a.m.(for age 3 and older). There is a storytime on Fridays at 10:30 for all ages. Tuesdays at 9:30 there is a lapsit storytime session for children younger than 12 months. These programs provide young children with the opportunity to learn social skills in a group situation, to broaden their worlds, and to be introduced to books and the library.
During the summer there are special programs for preschool-age children. See the summer reading program calendars for these events.
Storytime programs depend on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Our main goal is for everyone to have a good time at the library. To make this experience an enjoyable one for your child, we ask for your cooperation and assistance in the following ways:
- Discuss with your child what to expect at storytime
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Allow the children to focus on the program. Please take children who become restless outside the storytime area.
- Set a good example. Please remain attentive during presentation of the story.
- Encourage children to observe library manners.