Meeting and Study Rooms
Meeting rooms are available to rent at the Library. Click the button below to go to our online portal to create a free account to request meeting rooms. If you require assistance, please contact the Library at 512-930-3551.
|Hewlett & Friends
The meeting room team is available if you have any questions. You can reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-930-6730.
The Georgetown Public Library meeting rooms are available every day from 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. and require a rental fee. View the meeting room policies here.
Library Meeting Room Team
The library has three rental rooms:
Hewlett Room 222
Set for: 134
Max. seats: 150
Set up auditorium style
Friends Room 218
Set for: 52
Max. seating: 78
Set up banquet style
Friends Room Layout
*The Friends and Hewlett rooms may also be rented as one large room*
Set for: 18
Max. Seating: 27
Set up with tables in rows
Georgetown Public Library | Study Room Policies
The study rooms and conference room are available from library opening until 15 minutes before closing. These free rooms include three study rooms that each accommodate 4 people, and a conference room that accommodates up to 10 people. No commercial use of these rooms is allowed. Commercial use includes but is not limited to the following: political, legal, sales, business training, seminars, etc.
If you wish to put in a request for a study room, please call the reference desk OR create a free account and request a study room online using the button above.
- To ensure equitable use of library facilities, the library reserves the right to limit usage, cancel or re-schedule any reservation for any reason.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes past the reservation before the room is released to another user. GPL is not responsible for notifying reservation holder of this cancellation.
- Rooms can be reserved for up to 2 hours, four times per month. If no one else is waiting, you may stay in the room until library staff notify you the room is needed by another person. Reservations can be made up to 2 months in advance online, in person, or by calling the library.
- Please note that this limit may not be circumvented by different individuals using their names to register the same group, or by a group using different names. Use by two or more people constitutes a use that day for each person present.
- Any room left unattended for more than 15 minutes will be considered available. At that time, library staff will consider items left unattended to be lost and will place them in the library’s lost and found by closing of that evening.
- When you arrive for your reservation, check-in at the Reference Desk. Please close the door when you exit and check-out at the Reference Desk.
- GPL rooms are not soundproof. Patrons should keep noise levels low to be courteous to all users.
- Study rooms are not compatible with use of A/V equipment, such as TVs or projectors. Lights do not dim or turn off.
- GPL is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the study and conference rooms.
- Per City of Georgetown fire safety, patrons may not exceed the occupancy limits listed above in each room.