The Georgetown Public Library hosts art exhibits year-round, and we are proud to have received the Silver or Gold award for “Best Place to View Art” in the Best of Georgetown Awards every year since 2014.
Below is a calendar of current and upcoming exhibits and events. You can click on each exhibit title to see an image and find additional information about the exhibit. Artists who are interested in exhibiting in the library can scroll down to Exhibiting Your Work in the Library for information about our annual open call for proposals.
The library is also a City Sculpture Tour location.
Exhibiting Your Work in the Library
The library highly values artists and their work. During each year’s open call, artists and organizations are invited to submit proposals for the next year’s exhibits.
Proposals for exhibits in 2024 were accepted through May 15, 2023. Proposals for exhibits in 2025 will be accepted in spring 2024. Applicants will be sent messages through Submittable.
If you are considering submitting a proposal for an exhibit in 2024, please look over these documents:
- Guidelines for Artists Exhibiting in the Georgetown Public Library 2023
- Policy for Art Exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library
You can submit a proposal in one of two ways: online or by mail/hand delivery. Please note that there is no advantage to submitting proposals early; proposals received March 1 are given the same consideration as those received May 15.
- Online (strongly preferred). The best option is to submit a proposal and upload your images using Submittable. Submittable works best with the Chrome web browser. You just need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit your proposal online. Read more about Submittable here or click below to visit the Submittable site.
- By Mail or Hand-delivery (for those who cannot do electronic submissions). Artists either mail or hand-deliver the form with up to six printed images attached. Your printed proposal form and printed images must be received in the library between March 1 and May 15, whether mailed or hand-delivered. If you would like a MS Word version of the form, contact Ann Evans (see below). The library’s address is 402 W. 8th Street, Georgetown, Texas 78626.
Emailed forms and images are not accepted. If you are able to submit your proposal electronically (the preferred method), please do so through Submittable.
Proposals for art exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library require the same information whether they are submitted online or on paper:
- Proposed exhibit title
- Description of proposed exhibit concept
- Exhibit locations you would prefer (second floor Bridge Gallery, second floor Hall Gallery, or first floor Café Gallery, which includes the wall near the public use computers and two walls by the library café)
- Up to six images of your work
- The URL to your website (optional)
- A description of your artwork in general
- A little about your art background, with the option to upload or attach a resume
- Your availability to install and remove an exhibit in any given month of the year
Proposals that are not selected may be considered in the case of future cancellations.
Thank you for your interest in exhibiting your work at Georgetown Public Library!
Please contact Ann Evans, Adult Services Librarian, at email@example.com or 512-930-6614 with any questions.
The Georgetown Public Library hosts “Live Music at the Library” at 2 pm the third Sunday of most months of the year; the concerts are free and open to the public, but seating is limited to 200 attendees. Check the Library Events Calendar or click on the listings below for more information about each performance.
The Live Music in the Library series is a gift of the Friends of the Georgetown Public Library.
Questions? Contact Joshua Macias, reference librarian, by email or by calling 512-819-3126.