At the Georgetown Public Library, we’ll do all we can to enrich your life and build a strong sense of community. Below, you can look over our Vision, Mission, and Goals. But first, read the Fine Print.
Fine Print Policy
Freedom of Access Policy
We’ll respect and protect your freedom to access whatever information you want. Our building, our materials, our programs, and our services: they’re here for you.
We are people who really mean it when we say, “Have a nice day.”
Helping You Find It Policy
We’ll help you get where you want to go.
Eating in Library Policy
Go for it. Enjoy yourself.
We provide a welcoming space where kids can learn, play, participate, and read.
We offer an environment that embraces teens and their unique interests and information needs.
We promise to buy a copy of every title on the New York Times bestsellers list. We will purchase one copy for every seven reserves.
Senior Discount Policy
We give nonresidents over the age of 65 $5 off our nonresident library card fee.
Military Service Discount Policy
We give nonresident active military and disabled veterans a library card at no charge.
You Break It Policy
We’ll work with you if you lose, damage, or destroy library materials. Accidents happen. Come talk to us.
Special Request Policy
We say “yes” as often as possible. Tell us what we can do for you.
Vision, Mission and Goals
The Georgetown Public Library will be a catalyst for an enriched community.
The Georgetown Public Library engages, enlightens, and empowers the community.
1. Expand community access to information, collections, and other Library resources.
2. Attain financial and human resources necessary to meet the service, information, and library program needs of the Georgetown community.
3. Provide high quality library services that enrich the lifelong learning needs for the community.
4. Develop a professional working environment that fosters continuous improvement, collaboration, and creativity.
5. Expand arts and culture through collaboration with community arts entities.
6. Build relationships and partnerships that support outreach and reflect the community’s diversity.