Library Cards and Fees
- To apply for a card, you must present photo ID and proof of current residence.
- Residents inside Georgetown city limits and other persons who pay City property taxes may receive library cards at no cost.
- Nonresidents-$25 per household, annually.
- Nonresidents age 65 or older-$20 per household, annually.
- Children’s cards are available to children of any age at the parent/guardian’s request.
- Nonresident children enrolled in GISD are eligible for a free library card at the parent/guardian’s request.
Patrons who have been members of our library for thirty days and have an account free of fines and fees are eligible to receive a TexShare card. The TexShare program gives you borrowing privileges at participating public and academic libraries in Texas. Nearby libraries that participate in the program include Southwestern University, Round Rock Public Library, and UT-Austin. Ask the circulation desk for more information.