Library Cards and Fees
- To apply for a card, you must present photo ID and proof of current residence.
- Resident cards are free to anyone who resides inside Georgetown city limits or who pays City property taxes.
- Nonresident cards are available for $35 per household, annually. Nonresidents age 65 or older pay $30 per household, annually. Nonresidents may instead opt for a 3-month non-renewable introductory card for $10.
- Library cards can be created for children of any age at the request of a parent/guardian who already holds a library card.
- Nonresident children enrolled in GISD are eligible for a free library card at the parent/guardian’s request.
Patrons who have been members of our library for thirty days and have an account free of fines and fees are eligible to receive a TexShare card. The TexShare program gives you borrowing privileges at participating public and academic libraries in Texas. Nearby libraries that participate in the program include Southwestern University, Round Rock Public Library, and UT-Austin. Ask the circulation desk for more information.