- Baby Storytime takes place Tuesdays at 9:30 for ages 0-18 months.
- Family Storytime takes place Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 and 10:30 for ages 0-5 years old.
- Family Storytime takes place on Fridays at 10:30 for ages 0-5 years old.
Look out for special storytimes once a month!
- Music with Mar takes place one Monday a month at 9:15 for ages 0-5 years old.
- Yoga Storytime takes place one Wednesday a month at 10:30 for ages 0-5 years old.
The storytime schedule changes during summer.
There are no storytimes during the month of August. Staff uses this month to prepare for fall and to take their summer vacations.
These programs provide young children with the opportunity to learn social skills in a group situation, introduce early literacy, and to experience the enchantment of reading in the library.
Storytime depends on the cooperation of parent, child, and storyteller. Our main goal is for everyone to have a good time at the library. To make this experience an enjoyable one for your child, we ask for your cooperation and assistance in the following ways:
- Discuss with your child what to expect at Storytime.
- Please arrive on time. Children are easily distracted by newcomers.
- Please take children who become restless outside the Storytime area as not to distract others from the program.
- Encourage your child to participate in finger plays, songs, and questions asked by the storyteller. Your little one is likely to participate if you are also participating.
- Set a good example. Please remain attentive to the program and your child during Storytime.
- Encourage children to observe library manners such as: using library voices, refraining from running or climbing, and cleaning up after playtime.