Open call for 2020 art exhibit proposals
The Georgetown Public Library is now accepting proposals for exhibits to take place in the library’s three exhibit spaces in 2020. Proposals will be accepted March 1-May 15, 2019.
You can submit your proposal in one of two ways: online (this option is easy, and is strongly preferred) or printed. Proposals for art exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library require the same information whether they are submitted online or on paper:
- Proposed exhibit title
- Description of proposed exhibit concept
- Exhibit locations you would prefer (second floor Bridge Gallery, second floor Hall Gallery, or first floor Cafe Gallery, including the wall near the public use computers and two walls by the Red Poppy Coffee Co. counter)
- Up to six images of your work
- The URL to your website (optional)
- A description of your artwork in general
- A little about your art background, with the option to upload or attach a resume
- Your availability to install and remove an exhibit in 2020
All proposal applicants will receive notification by email no later than June 1, 2019 of their acceptance status. Proposals that are not selected for 2020 may be considered in the case of cancellations.
If you plan to submit a proposal, please look over these documents:
- Guidelines for Artists Exhibiting in the Georgetown Public Library 2019 (the current guidelines for accepted exhibits)
- Policy for Art Exhibits in the Georgetown Public Library
And then submit your proposal, either online or on paper:
- Online proposals (strongly preferred): Submit a proposal and easily upload your images on the web using Submittable. You will need to create a free Submittable account in order to submit your proposal online. You can read more about Submittable here, or click the black button below to go to Submittable.
- Mailed or Hand-delivered paper proposals (alternative option): Download and print a proposal form, and then mail or hand-deliver it with up to six printed images. Your printed proposal form and printed images must be received in the library no later than 7:45 p.m. May 15. Proposals cannot be submitted by email, and original artwork will not be accepted. Download the proposal form here in order to mail or hand-deliver it: Proposal for 2020 Art Exhibit at Georgetown Public Library
If you have any questions at all, please contact Dana Hendrix, Fine Arts Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-930-3624.