November is National Native American Heritage month. During this month, we uplift the voices of the Indigenous people from this land.
Visit the Library for displays of historical items as well as books and other media you can check out to explore and understand the culture and heritage of Native Americans.
- Native Land Digital: Find which indigenous people live in your area.
- National Native American Heritage Month official site.
- Tonkawa Tribe Official Site: the Tonkawa tribe lived in the Georgetown and Central Texas area.
- Tuesday Talks with Britin and Ann: this Tuesday talk is local history regarding the history of Georgetown before European settlement.
- Five Ways to Honor Native Americans during National Native American Heritage Month
Recommended reading and item lists: